At the beginning of 2021, the UN pointed at the need to develop a sustainable and profitable Creative Economy through impact investment (check out the full report here). As areas with the greatest potential for innovation, that represent 5-15% of the total GDP in most economies, the Cultural and Creative Industries should be at the core of development plans across countries and fields.
Creative Industries Policy Seminar
Why this is important
Welcome creative industries Stakeholders and Policy Makers!
Creative Industry Policy Seminar is a pioneer training program specifically designed for public and private sector stakeholders and policymakers, focused on how to develop and implement cultural and creative industries policies. The program merges business and cultural–wise knowledge areas, in order to address how Cultural and Creative Industry-policy can develop market value (jobs, growth, exports and innovation) as well as non-market values (identity, meaning).
Creative Business Network has put together a team of expert lecturers from different areas of policymaking for the Cultural and Creative industries, to meet at The Creative Industry Policy Seminar.
These are some of the trainers in the 2021 edition:
Felipe Buitrago Restrepo
A quick guide
The course consists of 20 hours of creative and innovate training split between May and June, where the following elements will be covered:
Stimulate innovation and growth by enabling cross-sectoral collaboration
- Introduce creative innovation voucher schemes
- Stimulate cross-sectoral innovation through public-private innovation challenges
Build better business support and access to finance in effective regional ecosystems
- Test new and review existing business support services and financing schemes
- Develop and support capacity building in regional clusters
- Enable and support SMEs internationalisation efforts
- Launch a new and innovative financing schemes to support creative SMEs
- Stimulate investments in creative industries through effective regional ecosystems
- Support new initiatives to achieve better Intellectual Property Valuation for creative SMEs
Measure and raise awareness of the value of the cultural and creative industries as a key drive of innovation and growth
- Map and measure the effects and value of the creative industries in the wider economy
- Incentivise and support stronger advocacy for cultural and creative industries
Get your tickets!
The Creative Industry Policy Seminar will be run through our online community at thisis.cbnet.com. Click below to be redirected there and find the tickets.